receive guidance, materials and support to establish your own happier center.
receive accreditation from ICF as CCE (Continuous Coach Education) awarding 62 Core Competences CCE units and 117 resource development CCE units
gain lifetime access to new materials including the latest research and ideas in the field of Happiness Studies.
enjoy exclusive access to live, online, and face-to-face events with HSA faculty and alums.
benefit from a lifetime supply of lectures and workshop materials that can be used for running your own independent programs.
join a supportive, international community dedicated to making the world a better, happier place.
Semester A – Introduction to Happiness Studies
June 03, 2019 – December 22, 2019
The course comprises 26 one-hour lectures plus 13 live webinars. Each lecture is subdivided into four sessions. Following is a brief description of each lecture, with a series of questions that correspond to each of the four sessions. The purpose of these questions is to open up your mind to the quest you’re about to take, to reinforce learning by reminding you of the main threads in each of the lectures after you’ve watched them, and also to provide you a map that you can refer to later as you search for material you’d like to revisit.
Semester B – Facilitating Happiness
January 5, 2020 – May 21, 2020
While the "Introduction to happiness" course focuses on more theory than practice, the focus of this second course is almost entirely on practice—on application. Each of the lectures below highlights a series of evidence-based techniques that can significantly shift the needle in terms of your own and others’ happiness. Over a period of 20 weeks—which will include lectures and webinars—We will introduce you to the science behind each technique and then provide you with concrete steps that you can take to make a meaningful difference in your life.
Is this program right for me?
If you are interested in becoming happier, and/or interested in helping others become happier, then this program may be right for you. More specifically, here are some of the situations that may be relevant for you:
• As a coach—helping your clients become happier, as well as more receptive to change.
• As a therapist—beyond making your clients happier, contributing to their resilience and ability to overcome difficulties.
• As a manager—increasing levels of wellbeing in the organization, and with it increasing productivity, creativity, and retention.
• As a teacher—helping you become a better, more authentic teacher, while helping your students lead healthier and happier lives, and improving their performance in school.
• As a consultant—helping you bring out the best in individuals, teams, and organizations.
• As a parent and/or partner—learning to bring out the best in yourself and your family, cultivating more positive and authentic relationships.
How will I benefit from taking this program?
Here is a partial list of the potential benefits of CiHS:
• Engage with rigorous and accessible material that can help you find more meaning and joy in your life.
• Learn to help others—whether family members, friends, or colleagues—lead a happier, more meaningful life.
• Assume the role of Chief Happiness Officers (CHOs) or a Wellbeing Program Manager of an organization—whether a business, an NGO or a school.
• Conduct workshops, lead seminars, and deliver lectures in the field of Happiness Studies to the general public and/or professional groups.
• Ongoing access to new material including the latest research and ideas in the field of happiness studies.
• Exclusive access to live, online and face-to-face events.
• Membership in a supportive international community dedicated to making the world a better, happier place.
What is so special about this program?
The Certificate in Happiness Studies (CiHS) is the first and only program of its kind. While there are several programs that focus on the psychology of happiness or the philosophy of happiness, there is no program or course that explores happiness through the lens of different disciplines—including psychology and philosophy, as well as history, theology, biology, economics, literature, art, and more. The program provides the knowledge and tools to generate happiness on the individual, interpersonal, organizational, and national level.
What does this program include?
The certificate in Happiness Studies program is a year-long online program and comprises two courses: 1. Introduction to Happiness Studies. A theoretical and scientific exploration of the field (26 weeks) 2. Facilitating Happiness. Evidence-based tools and techniques for a happier life (20 weeks). The first course includes 26 lectures and 13 live webinars, while the second course includes 14 lectures and 6 webinars – all led entirely by Dr. Ben Shahar. You will receive lifetime access to lectures and the opportunity to ask questions, share insights, and learn through the live webinars. In addition, each week you will receive guided meditations, visualization exercises, journaling activities and more.
Do I need to go somewhere in order to hear the lectures?
No :) - This is an ONLINE program. You can learn from wherever you are and integrate the teachings into your day to day life. We estimate you will have to DEVOTE 3-4 hours a week to the lessons.
What happens if I start the program and don't like it? We are sure you will! But, in case you won't, you can get a refund within 30 days.
When does your next program begin? June 03, 2019!
EARN 179 ICF RECERTIFICATION CCEs
You’ve become a masterful Certified Professional Coach. Now take the next step to learn advanced skills to generate happiness with clients, organizations and the world at large when you pursue a Certificate in Happiness Studies. As you study alongside top faculty you’ll feel noticeably happier and enhance your current methodologies as a coach. You’ll gain the skills to serve your clients more powerfully, assume the role of Chief Happiness Officer at an organization or create a “Happier Center” of your own.